Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Feeling heavy?

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live, not I, but Christ liveth in me:and the life I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. (Galatians 2:20)

Have you ever had a moment or a day of heaviness? Do you know that with what we have been given through Christ, we should be the most joyful people walking the face of the earth?  Jesus told us that the kingdom of God is within us. (Luke 17:21) Paul tells us in Romans 14:17 that the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and JOY in the Holy Ghost. We are told that JOY is one of the fruits of the Spirit. (Galatians 5:22) Peter tells us that in believing, ye rejoice with JOY, unspeakable. (1 Peter 1:8) Even our Father has JOY and it is our strength. (Nehemiah 8:10) Jesus told us that we have His JOY and that our JOY might be full. (John 15:11) There are many scriptures that talk about the joy that has been given to us.

How do we get this JOY that the word is so clear that we already have through Jesus Christ? We first have to know what has been given to us through Him. We then must renew our mind to what is in our born again spirit. Remember, Paul tells us that we are spirit, soul and body. (1 Thessalonians 5:23) Everything has been placed in our born again spirit. We now have to renew our minds which is located in our soul area. The soul area includes our mind, will and emotions. You are not trying to obtain joy, you already have it according to the Word. We do not judge everything by our feelings or emotions. We line it up with the Word of God.

TESTIMONY

Now, back to my original question. I had one of those heavy days because my mind has not been totally renewed to the Word. I read in Isaiah 61:3 where he talks about the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness. Interesting that he refers to it as a spirit. I have done this and it works. Praising God is awesome and powerful! I highly recommend it for various reasons. This particular day, TC and I needed to go to Walmart. Remember, I was feeling heavy and not spiritual! I decided that we would pray and ask God for hints on who He wanted to minister to at Walmart. We prayed in our truck before leaving our house, and wrote the hints on a piece of paper. I received the color pink and cat. TC received the color white, dog, street and road sign.

As we are walking towards the doors at Walmart, we see a young lady in a pink shirt and a little boy in a white shirt. We go in, and are in the produce area when they come near us. The little boy had a pillow in the shopping cart that looked like a dog, but we weren't sure. We both knew that they were the ones. I walked over and asked her if she had a need from the Lord. She gasped and put her hand to her mouth and said that she did. I then showed her our list and explained that the Lord wanted to minister to her. I asked if it was a dog pillow in the cart and she said no, but that they had a dog. I asked if she had a cat, and she said no, but that her neighbor had one. I asked what her need was and she said that she needed assurance and DIRECTION. (street & road sign) We got her first name and prayed with her. We also got her three year old, son's name and prophesied the Word over him. As we went our way, we had experienced in that exchange, the living waters flowing from our bellies. (John 7:38)

At the checkout, the Lord told me to give her some money. I got some cash back and handed it to TC. I told him to see if he could find the young lady and give her the money. I told him to tell her whatever the Lord wanted him to say. He found her at another checkout and I went on towards the door. He told me that she was very excited and was looking around for me. He just said, "God bless you" and walked off. TC told me that he knew that he was just a kid, and he liked getting things but that it sure was better giving than getting.

Now, where do you think that spirit of heaviness went? The JOY that was in my born again spirit poured over into my soul when I CHOSE to be a doer of the word. It was a choice that I had to make. Paul says that when you walk in the Spirit, ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. (Galatians 5:16) How will someone experience Jesus if we don't reveal Him? 2 Corinthians 4:11-12 says, "Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body. For we which live are alway delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh."

As believers, we owe everyone an encounter with Jesus. Remember, it's no longer us, but Christ in us. Attacked by the spirit of heaviness? Go and DO the word. Your life and the person that you encounter will be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment